You don't have to face this condition alone!
Get the support you need at the international Lichen Sclerosus Virtual Meetup and share your concerns, questions, solutions, and experiences in an understanding, caring environment with other women going through the same fight.
A diagnosis of Lichen Sclerosus can be uplifting and devastating.
Yes! I finally know what's wrong with me.
No! It's for life AND I can get worse.
We get it. We've been there, and we talk about it openly. We talk about fear, anxiety, and confusion.
We also talk about what we're doing, what works, what hasn't, and what we've learned.
This trading of experiences and information is the reason we come away feeling supported, less alone, more in control, and ready to face our condition another day.
Whether diagnosed this week or 10 years ago, all are welcome.
Testimonial from an LS Sister
I participated in my first virtual meet up in November. I was anxious but excited. I had no idea what to expect but felt great relief and such a lightness after the meeting. I finally felt heard; I finally felt seen. I had been diagnosed for about two years at this point, and up until then, I went through it all alone. The physical pain, the awful symptoms, the grieving of lost anatomy, the frustration, and fear for my future. I had never heard about LS prior to my diagnosis and never knew anyone with it after until the meetup. While I’m saddened that anyone has to live with this awful disease, I’m deeply grateful for the connections I have made and the community I am now apart of. I feel a sense of belonging and support that I couldn’t have dreamed about prior to the virtual meetup. Forever grateful for you, Kathy.
Stop going it alone. Let your peers support you. Your community is waiting to meet you. Join now.
LSSN meetups are an inclusive space for all to feel supported. Please be mindful of the language you use; not everyone identifies as women/female and may not want to be referred to as sisters/ladies/women (try family or siblings instead, for example).
Do you still have questions? No problem! Ask away. I want you to be completely comfortable. So reach out and let me know what you need.
Hi, my name is Kathy, and I co-host the Lichen Sclerosus Support Virtual Meetup. Like you, I have LS. I have been alone and tried to figure it out. It wasn't until I built a community that I was able to be at peace with my disease. Please let me know how I can help you so you can find peace as well.
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions.
- Kathy Ruiz-Carter (Kathy) and Jaclyn Lanthier (Jaclyn) are not medical providers; they cannot give medical advice and cannot replace a trained medical provider or behavioral health clinician.
- Kathy and Jaclyn are not therapists, licensed mental health counselors, or trained behavioral health clinicians, nor can they replace one.
- The information provided in LSSN’s virtual support meetups does not constitute the provision of medical or other professional health care treatment services, nor does it constitute the practice of medicine or other professional health care services.
- Kathy and Jaclyn are neither trained nor equipped to handle crisis interventions; they are two patients with lichen sclerosus.
- While LSSN is an important source of support for many, LSSN does NOT provide emergency or crisis support. If at any time you feel that your ability to keep yourself or others safe is at risk, contact your local crisis intervention/emergency services.
- If you are in crisis,
- Call your local emergency services department or go to the nearest emergency department.
- For some crisis support and resources, consult this list of international crisis resources; it is not a comprehensive list, and anyone who does not see direct links to services appropriate to them or their geographic area should call emergency services or present to a local emergency department.